Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Visit

What a week! The first day we walked into the orphanage and their is Rosie walking down the stairs. She was bringing something somewhere, we said a quick hello the I went to the directors office.  She was a wonderful woman, she truly loves each of the kids. We talked and the Rosie came in. She was very shy and unsure about coming to the USA. Who would blame her, she doesn't know us! The staff was very emotional they said they know adoption is best but they all love her. They have been her caretakers for the last 7 years. She showed me her room and we played memory, a good non speaking game! She won each round...memory isn't my strongest area :-). Tuesday we went back and played more memory and drew pictures, she gave me a few hugs and said she was happy. They also had their monthly birthday celebration and since hers was in December I got to share birthday cake and see her get a stuffed animal. Wednesday we were lucky, as it was their Christmas celebration. They performed a show and Santa came and headed out the Christmas shoe boxes, the kids were so excited. I teared up watching them. Today us my last day to visit. I am sure it will be emotional. She is such a sweet girl, and I am totally blessed to get to be her mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment