Monday, December 31, 2012

Urgent plea for 13 year old boy

While I was in Bulgaria visiting Rosie, I was told about a boy.  He lives with Rosie and is also 13 years old.  He is a healthy handsome boy.  He was visited previously by a family with the idea of adoption but for reasons unknown to me, when they left they did not finish the adoption.  So here is this sweet boy orphaned and then feeling rejected.  The orphanage cares very much for this boy and asked me to help them find him his permanent home.  He was helpful coming out to sweep up the area before the Christmas show, he is talented as his portion of the Christmas show included break dancing and traditional Bulgarian dancing (he was Rosie's partner for one dance!)  I have pictures and videos I can share with anyone who is interested in adopting him.  I can tell you all about the orphanage he lives in, the process of adopting and connect you to our agency. Please forward this to anyone you think may be interested!! 

While preparing to write this I came across this on another blog,

"I can't stand your religious meetings. I'm fed up with your conferences and conventions. I want nothing to do with your religion projects, your pretentious slogans and goals. I'm sick of your fund-raising schemes, your public relations and image making. I've had all I can take of your noisy ego-music. When was the last time you sang to me? Do you know what I want? I want justice—oceans of it. I want fairness—rivers of it. That's what I want. That's all I want." Amos 5:21-24

These kids don't have much of a future.  Not many will be the lucky ones to be given the opportunity for adoption and be chosen due to their age. Yet I sat with them and talked with them and it opened my eyes to the fact that regardless of their age, they are kids, kids who need someone to guide them, love them, teach them.  I have come to learn through this adoption that yes Rosie is 13 and in 5 short years she will be an adult, and we have missed much of her childhood.  However when do we stop needing or wanting our parents, who will stand at a wedding, who will cry over their newest grandchild and cheer when they finish college?  Who will they call when life is hard or when they get a bad diagnosis?  Who will they call when their child has their first fever and who's house will they visit on Christmas?  What happens when their is no orphanage to return to when they are too old and yet discriminated against and cannot find a job?  We need parents and family surrounding us for a lot longer then 18 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment