Sunday, December 23, 2012

Rosie

What can I say, she is wonderful and beautiful.  I had a great time with her and she really seemed to connect well to me.  Twice in two languages we ordered the same lunch order without knowing what the other was ordering, already in sync!  The orphanage she is in is actually a very nice place, the director was wonderfully good with the children.  The children were ages 7-18 and were such a joyful group of kids.  I had the privilege of watching their Christmas celebration in which they put on a show and Santa came and delivered them gifts of shoe boxes.  It was so moving to see that side of it, I teared up!  I have made those shoebox gifts in the past but to see the joy on these kids faces as they received them was just amazing.  I will forever be filling those now!  Rosie got to be Snow White and help hand out the Christmas presents with Santa.  Being older I let her take the lead when it came to affection.  After the first day she gave me a hug and then the last day when I was leaving she gave me a kiss.  It was hard to leave her behind, but knowing that she is adored at the orphanage really helped me feel better.  We will get to write her letters and maybe even Skype with her while we are waiting for the process to finish.  She is very quiet and shy.  The workers all told me that she is very responsible.  It made me laugh that one of her first questions was, what time do we have to get up in the morning? Teenagers are the same across the world :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment