Sunday, December 16, 2012

I made it

Well I made it to Sofia yesterday...or today...the whole time zone thing has me backwards. Its 1am local and I just woke up. I started the trip a bundle of nerves as I had three days notice that I was indeed going to need to come instead of randy and I have never traveled internationally before much less alone. The first flight left at 6:30 am and I sat next to a lady who was traveling with her twenty month old on her lap for the first time. I was able to help her out with him and even held him a bit for her. Then it was 8 hour layover in Newark. Pretty boring I watched looped news over and over. Then my international plane pulled in. I felt like Buddy the elf' I quickly texted randy letting him know it was ginormous!!! I had an awesome seat with no one in front of me...unless you include the line for the bathroom. I watched a bunch of movies and slept for a full 30 minutes. By the time I got to Frankfurt I was so tired  I was shaking. The airport screener double checked and unloaded my backpack because he didn't like my epipen. I explained I needed it for allergies and he let me through. Ohh I forgot my 2 other Buddy moments... First they gave me hot towels I had no idea what to do with it I am not that fancy I guess. I held it and looked around to see what the heck it was for. Then I used the tiny bathroom and managed to knock my head into the wall. Any who I finally arrived after flying over  the Alps, which was pretty cool. Now I am catching up on sleep and getting ready to meet Rosie tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. TOTALLY get the exhaustion!!! Had to laugh at the hot towel incident. I did the exact same thing the first time I was handed one!!! Prayers as you meet your daughter!!!

    ReplyDelete