Saturday, March 10, 2012

More random thoughts...

First I find it ironic that we the White House making a get healthy and moving initiative while I find my children can no go anywhere without being served a snack, usually an unhealthy one. I hate to have to start this way at only 33 but.....back in my day.... we didn't have a snack at church or ccd, we didn't have a snack at school, just lunch time, we did get a snack after playing a basketball game or a snack during a football game. Are our children REALLY this hungry? Do they need a bag of chips and juice box after playing an hour of basketball and are probably going to return home after where they will have food? It seems any kids activity that lasts more then 20 minutes the kids get a snack, its crazy to me! Imagine at home if we gave our kids snacks every 20-30 minutes...yeesh! Also crazy to me is the world telling kids to get up and move while more and more schools are medicating kids who can't sit still.......I will just leave that one as is.....

Running update....ok not great, I did it for a week, then last week I kept forgetting, but I am not quitting! I just need to find a regular time to get on the treadmill!

Lastly we are growing again, looking like number 8 is coming from Bulgaria!! WOohoo...more details to hopefully come next week!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh! So excited for you about #8! I can't wait to hear!

    I totally am with you on the running and snacking issues! My kids have a morning snack at school and that's it. It has to be small and healthy. I think that works out fine.

    ReplyDelete