Thursday, February 23, 2012

Go mom go....see mom run...

For a very long time I have envied people who just like going for a run. I so wanted to be runner. Even joined track in high school and joined the group of kids who hid behind the shed next to the track during lap time and eventually tried things like shot put that did no involve any running. You see I want to be a runner, but I haven't ever been able to stick with it. Anyway the older I got the more I thought now I can't, I am so out of shape, I get winded walking around the zoo! I don't have time, I am raising 7 kids here and homeschooling! Until I fell apon a blog of another woman, who is a runner. She started 2 or so years ago and now runs marathons, she is only a year older then me and here is the kicker....she has 12 kids!! I was inspired! However for me inspired usually means a 1 to 2 week commitment before something else catches my eye or time and I am off on another rabbit trail. But not this time!! NOPE I am doing this and I am publicly putting it out there so that I have the fears of public humiliation to face so I won't give up! Also I hope I can get other moms who "can't" up and going. I started tonight and am being realistic, people understand that I am SOOOO out of shape. I made it 30minutes on 2.5-3 speed on the treadmill without any cramps or pain :) See I am really starting at 0... I have a little running plan to follow and I will update as I go. I don't know what I want to run, I know I want to be healthy and strong for my kids. But I also want to prove to myself that I am capable of doing hard things :) Sooo stay tuned and feel free to de lurk and post some advice for a newbie.

No comments:

Post a Comment