Thursday, June 24, 2010

I am back!


Its been a long time since my last blog. Whats happened since then.....we finally got an offer on our house. Not what we were expecting by an offer to lease our house with the option to buy it. So we are moving in a few weeks back to the south, to Texas! Time to pull out the cowboy boots and hats. Start saying things like fixin and lovin on.............although I cannot bring myself to call it a sack, southerners must understand that where I grew up in the Northeast, that has an entirely different meaning and it makes me giggle inappropriately, it will remain a bag....

We are waiting to hear about a house to rent. We are in the awful time of waiting with no control over anything. My husband agrees with me when I say I have a bit of a control issue. I prefer to have it. We are supposed to head down in 3 weeks and we have 30 boxes packed and are just praying for God to work out the rest. Actually in some ways its kind of exciting. I like to pretend I am faithful enough to be a missionary and what a fraction of this feeling I get to experience, just waiting on God for a new adventure. I did spend a few days dwelling on the what ifs, and I got to play Thomas the doubter. God was faithful and pulled me right up and brushed me off and put me back on track. My eyes are solidly above me and I am determined to walk this all in faith. Not perfectly by any means, because I still struggle with the lack of control thing.

I will post more soon, I miss blogging and even if no one reads it, I like to pretend they do!

3 comments:

  1. Good to connect with you again Emily. Seems like we are on similar paths - knowing we are moving but waiting for our new homes.

    I hope and pray your move will go smoothly.

    Any news on your son in Liberia?

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete