Saturday, October 17, 2009

Surviving!

Whew what a week, a flu like illness spread to everyone while we had 3 birthdays to celebrate and 1 child who was less then cooperative. Thinking back on the week makes my head spin. Starting last weekend we started dealing with a child who had discovered stealing, which led to lying which led to a total meltdown. Eventually I had to put this child on the 5ft rule where they cannot be out of my sight for ANY reason, which irked said child so said child tried to be as annoying as possible. I wanted to get Randy a specific present for his birthday so I set out Sat. of last week to get it. I found out 6 stores later no one had it.........so settled on some jeans and other clothes (SORRY RANDY!). I did give him an I O U for it though. Riley turned 5 and Randy turned a little older on Wednesday and we had her requests of donuts for breakfast, pb and j for lunch and hot dogs for dinner. Then she choose cupcakes and I made an ice cream cake thing for Randy and we sang and all was well. Then yesterday Zeke turned 3. His only requests were for pizza and a big huge cake, so I made him one and he was happy! Said 5 ft child managed to get through the actual birthdays without too much drama, but we had plenty of drama the other days to make up for it. Now this weekend I have 5ft child going between incessant chatter and pouting and 2 other children who have decided that rules only need to be followed when I am in the room.........when I leave its a free for all. So I sit here typing with 3 kids in separate rooms because they can't stop getting into trouble, one sitting in her room crying because she is testing limits and a 3 year old who almost got the potty training right when he took off his pants and diapered and showed me how he made his ""water" go on the living room rug.................

3 comments:

  1. Ay yay yay! You are a patient, patient woman. (BTW- I go for the $70 potty training solution. Nakedness all the time and pay to have someone clean your carpets later. :))

    ReplyDelete