Saturday, October 31, 2009

Its Halloween!

I just sent off my 7 trick or treaters. Alex at 11 said she thinks this will be her last year because she is getting too old, but we will see what happens next year when the reality of no candy bag hits. This is the first year Zeke gets whats going on, last year he tried to go into peoples houses, ate the candy and the wrappers as we walked and dragged his bucket on the ground as it made a fantastic noise. This year he is all ready, after watching Charlie Brown's Great Pumpkin he says, "trick or treat, aww I got a rock". Randy took all 7 while I wait here for the trick or treaters. I don't like Halloween much, but I do love to see the kids all excited. I think sometimes about what they would be doing if our lives hadn't taken the paths they have. Some days are hard, some days are fun, all days are worth it. I love knowing they all have a dad who cares enough to spend a night freezing his hiney off just to walk them around and a neighborhood that they don't have to hide from violence. I love that they all have warm coats to wear and gloves to cover their little hands. I love that they have each other to giggle with and compare candy loot. I love them all so much, they are all what truly makes my heart keep beating. I am now posting pictures of facebook, its a little more private, so if you want to be added as a friend just let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Halloween wears me out completely, but I enjoy it by the end of the day! We had fun too :) Too bad it wasn't warmer, huh?!

    ReplyDelete