Monday, August 2, 2010

Getting older and all is well..........

We had a great weekend. Some friends came out to visit and it was so much fun to see them. Then I had coffee with a new friend out here and we talked and laughed. Today is my birthday, yesterday the kids woke me up yelling HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I was mid dream and it scared me half to death! They (plus Randy) had made me a huge breakfast. Today they will make tacos and a birthday cake. I am blessed to have such great kids and a husband that remind me that I am loved! I also appreciate them making sure my heart is still working at 32 by the Happy Birthday shouts from 7 from a sound sleep.

Sometimes its funny how blogs or stories can make it sound like people have these perfect lives..........Truth is no one's life is perfect, we all have moments when we wonder, what are we doing, why are doing, how are we doing........... Take for example yesterday, I have an unnamed son who announced to me (when asked why he was not being a good listener) that he doesn't really want to be helpful and he thinks that mom should do all the cleaning........ Yet this morning he thought all is fair when its time for birthday donuts, he was sure that he should get one because, he likes birthdays....of course! We have had our share of temper tantrums, broken items from "nobody" and enough attitude to last a lifetime. Many nights the thoughts of making dinner make me want to lock myself in my room.......not because I don't like cooking (well raw meat freaks me out), but because I know I waited to long to make anything delicious, I have tired hungry kids following me, I am missing 1 ingredient from every recipe I look at and I remember I forgot the laundry sitting in the washer all day! I have one day where an unnamed child ran to the neighbors house to ask to live with them because they didn't like the consequence of going to bed early. I wouldn't trade my life for anything, but I definitely am no expert in how to do it perfectly. I like to share this blog to hopefully show people how our life works, but I hope I never put out there anything that's not real.

No comments:

Post a Comment