Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Tornado Sirens....

This morning I was dreaming that tornado sirens were going off and in my dream I picked up my phone to see what was going on and I couldn't get the phone to work right and in my dream I woke up and saw my oldest daughter downstairs finishing some homework and we were talking...when suddenly I woke up and laid in bed thinking...weird I still hear sirens....wait I hear real sirens..... So I hopped up confused still from my dream and promptly woke up my husband.  I ran downstairs to watch the news to see what was happening (and it was 4am so no daughter was still awake).  The storm was not quiet here yet, so I went up and talked about whether we should wake up all 8 kids and risk them not going back to sleep....  We decided to wait, but a few minutes later they were saying everyone in our town/area should get in their shelter....I woke up the girls and Randy woke up the girls and the following is a humorous moment in time that happens when you have 8 kids....

Older 3 girls were up and heading down stairs
Younger 2 girls....I say wake up nicely twice...nothing....then I say TORNADO wake up and they were up and running.
We get downstairs and really there was no real storm yet so we are standing in the hallway.
Daughter "where are we going" Me "In the shoe closet and we will die of the smell"
Oldest daughter, "mom can we bring mints it..." Me "good idea...that's a lot of breath"
Daughter "But I have a cold..." Me "face the back of the closet so we don't get germs on us"
(We never ended up needing to go into the closet....)
Me to a son "Get away from the big windows"  a few minutes later to a daughter "get away from the big windows"....a few minutes later "get away for the windows that's the whole point we are here!!"
Daughter..."I have to go to the bathroom" Me "Go ahead but don't be like Elvis and have it end on the toilet."
Son "Can I watch tv" Husband "no".....a few seconds later.... same son "can I watch tv"  Husband "no"
Oldest daughter..."Dad are you wearing jeans?"  Me " Yes your dad and I like to dress up for tornadoes"  She says "Seriously did you sleep in jeans" Husband "No I put them on before I came down"

Finally sent them all back to bed at 4:45....and now at 6 my youngest is up watching tv......never a dull moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment