Monday, November 11, 2013

Keepin it real...........

Today was our last day for our homeschool co-op and let me describe something that is actually quite ordinary around here....  First my youngest son is a tornado.  I have had 8 children and he is my 3rd boy, so I know what I am talking about. Every week I have my son in one of the classes and every week he comes in without his backpack and I have to head downstairs to find said backpack and bring it to class.  I could send him, but that would include him roaming hallways, peeking in on classes, yelling HI every time he sees a sibling which is pretty often with 7 of them in the building and a forming of a search team to find him when he does not return.  I can always find him because I hear a nice voice asking someone, "where are you supposed to be honey?"  So we make it to lunch, where I have forgotten to bring a blanket for us to sit on at this picnic style eating set up, so a family offers to share and all 8 kids gather on a blanket....yeah you get the picture, this family being invaded by a small birthday party!!  After we eat I clean up, one son sneaks out to the van to put things away to avoid dancing in a flash mob dance that starts and my youngest boys are begging me to take them outside.  After dancing commences and older boy returns we head outside.  The kids are playing tag and soccer (basically homeschool recess) and I notice middle son doesn't have his glasses on, which I assume he has left safely inside in his backpack.....oh silly naive me....  Bell rings and we head inside and I assume middle son is behind the crowd....  He appears and he has no glasses (note: said glasses were just purchased a few weeks ago due to his previous glasses looking being destroyed.) I ask "where are your glasses" and he says " Oh I was playing and someone bumped me and they fell off, I can't find them."  So we head out to find them, and we search to no avail....and head in, 1 pouting boy, 1 heated momma....  I search lost and found and discover other son's missing sweatshirt.  We go on with our day with me thinking very unhappy thoughts...    At one point I see his 2 older sisters picking up a backpack, pencil box, water bottle and various paraphernalia strewn about the hallway and I say "what the heck?" and they say "He just took off to his class....."  So we gather the pieces and I carry a purse a bag full of teaching supplies and now a backpack that is all disheveled.  Classes end and we all meet up to form the search party.  My youngest daughter walks up to me with the "uh oh" face on carrying an arm.  The arm of her sisters American Girl doll that she borrowed and is now missing a limb.  I sigh and we send oldest daughter and 2 youngest daughters  to the van with multiple backpacks, dolls and 2 gingerbread houses.  My oldest son carries a crockpot full of dinner out with them.  I head out with the other daughter and 2 youngest son's so the field with the glasses...
I search a whole garden looking under piles of flowering plants.  Then I see my search party turn the corner and the whole crew is together combing the field.  Finally youngest daughter yells I found them!!  With one side sticking out the wrong way she brings me the mangled spectacles and oldest daughter takes them and bends them back.  We trudge to the van while I say  "THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS!!"  We pile into the van and head to greener pastures.....Dunkin Donuts.  We all forget the past as we pick a treasure.  Just keepin it real folks....

No comments:

Post a Comment