Thursday, March 21, 2013

House Update!

I haven't posted much about everyday life lately, but its not due to lack of material :)  Hang around here long enough and you will see we really do live in a people zoo.  Just when I figured out how to raise a bunch of little kids they went and started to grow up so now we are in new territory with older kids!  One is getting ready to get her permit and looking at colleges, one's voice is starting to change so that sometimes I think I hear my husband talking only to find my son, some are wearing capri's that were bought originally as pants, and I lugged my "baby" up in the air only to find a 6 1/2 year old is pretty heavy...........I have to say I am enjoying most of it!  I can't say I wouldn't love some other little ones that are in their footy pjs snuggled up in my lap, but the older years bring more conversations and opportunities to experience new things with them.  AJ is the most patient older brother, he plays this game on the computer that Zeke loves to watch and Zeke hangs on him and talks incessantly the whole time and AJ laughs and goofs with him, never tells him to go away (which is a common theme around here when little brothers are hanging around!)   Alex just started reading the first the 39 Clues books to Caley, Riley and JD.  They hang on her every word! Zeke thought it might give him nightmares so he instead likes to listen to his favorite "cd" which is actually our keyboard playing the demo songs over and over and on DJ mode which is even nicer.......  Hannah is going through a stage of singing and dancing in her mirror not realizing the whole house can hear.  My favorite activity is to slowly open the door and jam out in the hallway to her music until she finally turns around notices and jumps!  Caley is my reader, we have probably 100000000000 books, i have a problem.... but regardless and today we went through to find her something to read and it sounded like this..."read that, read that, read that, read that, read that twice" finally we settled on a Nancy Drew that was tucked back.  JD is fascinated by facts, like totally random facts that he thinks we may possibly just happen to know, a snippet, "Mom is Houston bigger then Dallas in size or just in population?"  usually while I am in the middle of cooking some meal.  We let him use the atlas book we have, but its already falling apart from use, yet the crazy part is he hasn't yet mastered which is the top of a lined piece of paper! :)  Riley has been working on writing letters in school and so today she mailed her letter that she wrote, envelope, stamp and all by herself.  She was quite proud to bring it to the mailbox and put up the flag, then we had to chase some random plastic bags around the lawn that came in the wind.  Zeke is so excited he can now write all his letters, so he is constantly writing letters and saying, "mom what does that spell?"  So as to not lose my mind from saying it says "zwekdienhigh" We are now working on learning to read.  As I typed this I have had 3 children reading books around me stopping to tell me everything that's"funny" in them, one child go for a walk but had to come in and announce a bathroom trip and then come in again to announce they changed their mind, another child singing a song over and over while an older sibling is saying says ...stop.....stop.....stop....stop and one who has her headphones in while doing some school work.  We just finished some homemade chocolate chip cookies well 6 kids and 2 adults did, one who hates chocolate chips had a bowl of Kix....  So that is a peek into my door......  Wouldn't change it for a thing!

Adoption update: We have our I800 approval now waiting on the Article 5 and court date in Bulgaria, after that we can get ready to pick up Rosie!

No comments:

Post a Comment