Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Ponder Ponder

Pondering....its something I do a lot, most likely too much, in fact now I am pondering why I ponder and frankly when you type pondering or ponder a lot it starts to sound weird...  I am a restless person in my mind just as my husband....kids and anyone who has truly gotten to know me :)  Usually after about 18 months of living in a place, I get that gypsy feeling that I am ready to go explore some new place and not just vacation, I like to live there because a vacation doesn't give you the full appreciation of a place.  Now that I have older children, I have had to reconsider the 18 month thing, as they tend to not enjoy having a gypsy mom :)  Here we are in the middle of an adoption, which by the way we are waiting for our official notice that we can travel to meet Rosie, should have happened last week, but the office was moving and they didn't hold any meetings (of course!!)  anyway...here waiting to news to visit our newest daughter and I spend my time viewing other waiting children, wondering what will happen to them, if we have the room for them...  on and on.  We also have been studying the formation of the 13 original colonies in  "school" and I find myself thinking a lot about where America began and where we are now.  I think about the morals that have been lost over the generations, the family values that have started to disappear.  The kids pointed out how historical books always have children who are portrayed as well behaved, curious and innocent while books that take place today consist of rude kids, disobeying parents and general scary stuff.  Its funny this whole country seems to have lost its innocence, sad really.   Anyway all of this to say my mind is never quiet I am ALWAYS thinking.  A person once asked me what do you do with the Bible verse that says "be still and know that I am God".........I was at a loss, I may sit still but my mind is turning constantly.  Hmm all this pondering in this post and I have lost my original thoughts of why I am writing this........although ask my kids that is very very normal for me.........

No comments:

Post a Comment