Friday, July 6, 2012

I am a morning person...

NOT a middle of the night person.  Here is a snippet of my life...
Setting (I am peacefully sleeping and it is before 6am which is the time I can become a morning person)

Daughter opens door and rouses me with shuffling steps..."mom" she says

I try to pretend I cannot hear as I hope to drift back into my dream

"Mom" she says louder

I am pretty sure I said what but might have sounded like a grunt.

"My eyes are puffy and hurt" says daughter who was convinced the previous evening that she might be going blind because I once said perm chemicals can blind someone and we had done a deep conditioner rinse, which I assured her won't blind her and she swore a tiny bit got in her eye.....ahh melodramatics....

Me reply "you will be fine its not from the conditioner" ...note I still have not opened my eyes other then a quick peek to assure me which kid was talking.

"Then what is it from?"  She replies unbelieving...

My reply "Its called morning...you just woke up that's why"

She shuffles back to bed and though I tried hard to go back to sleep in comes my trusty alarm clock 45 minutes later who wakes up at 6 every day for the past 5 years..... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment