Thursday, October 28, 2010

Unexpected things!

Yesterday I heard about a little boy in an orphanage that needs a family by the 31st of October. If he did not find a home he would be transferred to an orphanage where he wouldn't be eligible for adoption. He is in a country that normally does not allow large families to adopt. However I sent an email just asking if they would make an exception because of his immediate situation. I really expected the woman to tell me that we wouldn't be able to help and I could let my conscious rest knowing I did all I could do. However she asked for more information and a picture of our current family and she is going to present it to the people in the other country to see if we can get an exception. This little boy is 7 years old and has some special needs. So now I sit and wonder.......will he be ours??? I told Alex today,I might not always do everything the best or know how its all going to work out but I hope God will say at least I tried! The thoughts of a hopeless future for a 7 year old orphaned child makes my heart break. So I will keep everyone updated!

1 comment:

  1. At least I tried is right. Now you won't be wondering what would have been!

    ReplyDelete