Saturday, September 11, 2010

Remembering 9/11

I remember I just walked into the house from a doctor's appointment. Alex was 3 and AJ was 1. I put my things down and flipped on the Today show, just in time to see the first plane hit the towers. I was stunned, thought at first it was just a bad accident. We were living in the northern part of Connecticut at the time and Randy was working in Boston. As details emerged that it was a terrorist attack I tried calling everyone, but our line kept saying all circuits were busy. I was so afraid! The whole thing seemed impossible. I never felt such a pride to be an American, I was never so thankful to know that I knew Jesus in a personal way. I cried overtime I saw firefighters in parades. I watched the attempt of terrorists to take away my faith in both my country and my God and yet for the first time I was putting flags up everywhere, I wasn't missing a moment of church, I was learning what it meant to be blessed and how to pray for others who were hurting. It made me appreciate our country in a way I couldn't express, that is life for so many who face terrorist attacks daily. Today I stand with all the people expressing my sympathy for those who lost a loved one on 9/11. I also stand to say today is the day to ask Jesus to be your savior, we don't know what tomorrow brings so please do not wait.

1 comment: